Monday, November 3, 2008

November is off to a great start

So I decided to start November off with my most profitable single-day take in my poker career. Maybe starting a blog helped? Who knows, but SHIP IT!!!!!


So glad to have last month behind me. I made almost as much today as I did the entire month of October. Short term variance, obviously, but who gives a fuck? It feels awesome. Not to mention I woke up at like 1 p.m., didn't put on pants, and just sat around on my couch all day drinking bourbon, playing poker, and owning fantasy football. Pretty awesome day.

I only played 16 tournaments today and pretty much ran in god-mode for all of them. I finished in the money about 50% of the time, which isn't too much higher than my standard finish, but I won 6, with 1 2nd, and 1 3rd. I felt like I was paying more patiently down the stretch after the bubble broke and was able to up my finishes. Good cards obviously helped, but I was able to find some good spots and exploit weaknesses I had noticed in my opponents. Damn it felt good. No screen shots from my sessions, though. I will try to remember to take more of big hands for future blogs.

Started my first session at 4:23 p.m. and finished up at 8:30, so just over 4 hours. I think I could get used to a $91 hourly rate. Hopefully I can keep it up...

No comments: